Taking time to create better candidate experiences is not only good for candidates—it's also good for the company doing the hiring.
Why? Well, you'll generate goodwill with people (even if they don't become employees), and you'll gain a hiring advantage, something that's especially important when competing for top talent.
Don't believe us? Consider some of these revealing stats:
- 60% of candidates have had a poor candidate experience [Source: Career Arc]
- 72% of those candidates shared that experience online or with someone directly [Source: Career Arc]
- 59% would tell others not to apply to the company [Source: Software Advice]
- 42% would go so far as not to buy the company's products or services [Source: Software Advice]
Last year, we wrote A TON about what goes into creating better candidate experiences.
As a background check company, we understand how important the candidate experience is to your hiring process. But creating a good experience isn't easy. There's no candidate experience "switch" or magic potion. And it isn't something you simply set up once and forget about. It's something you need to tend to, like a garden.
To help with all of that, we put together this Ultimate Guide to Creating Better Candidate Experiences, which includes a roundup of all the best content, stats, and figures.
In it, you'll learn...
- How to improve the candidate experience – this section includes detailed suggestions so you can implement them right away
- How to approach the remote candidate experience – if 2020 & 2021 taught us anything, it's that virtual workforces are here to stay
- How to measure the candidate experience – there's no sense in making any changes unless you plan on evaluating their effectiveness
- How Good Egg creates excellent candidate experiences – yes, we're PASSIONATE about this topic!